Monday, November 16, 2009

I have a small room that must function as tv/entertaining room. will red and sage work? how?

The room is very small and, the walls are divided by a two inch ledge that is four feet high. The ceiling and top part of the walls are creme colored, and the bottom is wall papered. I want to change the paper, and was thinking of a sage color. Because the room is so small I am not sure if i should use a striped or patterned wall paper or what. I have a dark wood trunk with a very muted red and moss green pattern on it. Other than that, I need all new furniture. In a small room, can I get away with red or wine colored couch and chairs? Would they go well with sage wallpaper? If so, should i add an accent color anywhere in the room? Also, if you think the sage and reddish color scheme is a disaster, what color scheme should i use for this small room? Thanks for whatever help you can offer!!!!

I have a small room that must function as tv/entertaining room. will red and sage work? how?
I think sage and burgundy red compliment eachother really well. This is just how I imagine it in my head, and I don't know if you're going for a modern or traditional style. But here goes...





If you can wallpaper, I'd wallpaper the lower half of the chair rail with a slightly bold wallpaper (paisley or fleur de lys), and then paint the top half in a lighter sage, to still give the feeling of airiness). I'd get one chair in a nice wine colour and a couch in a neutral like a medium or dark brown and highlight it with wine coloured pillows and a throw. The trunk would be a coffee table, so maybe cover it with a cut to size glass, to protect it.





I would personally use the wine as an accent colour and not go hog wild with it.
Reply:I would definitely go with very light colors.


Also striped wallpaper will make your ceilings appear higher but patterned wallpaper might not be a good choice for a small room, especially if you have a lot of stuff in it. The end effect might be too.."busy"


No comments:

Post a Comment