Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Does a sage plant need cold over the winter? or can I grow it under lights in the basement?

Hi:


Sage is considered a perennial in warmer climates. I live in zone seven in the United States and our ground doesn't freeze, but sage will die out and come back in the spring.





Growing sage inside can be done. It doesn't matter what zone you live in. If you have an exisiting plant, it will do great around a sunny window. Most herbs love the sun. You can germinate sage seeds during the winter months and then put them out in the garden in the spring.





I will link you to my landscape article section of my website. I have an article on herb growing from seed. You can really keep any perennial inside in the winter months and they will survive. The main goal is to keep the right amount of moisture and light requirements for each plant. I will also link you to my site map so you can browse through everything that is on my web site on any landscape solutions or plant tips.





I hope this has helped some and if your need further suggestions, please feel to contact me at the website. Good luck to you and have a great day!


Kimberly





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...


No comments:

Post a Comment