Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I have a mushroom colored leather sofa, with sage colored area rug and curtains in my living room.?

We are moving and I would like to paint the walls. They are white at the moment. I would like to stick with a light color so that it doesn't looked closed in. Any color advice would help. Thank you.

I have a mushroom colored leather sofa, with sage colored area rug and curtains in my living room.?
I am all for taupe or light khaki colors as far as being neutral and still working with your current furniture. It looks nice if you leave the baseboards and/or crown moulding white to off white.
Reply:a nice gold would look great, as well as the taupe/tan suggested previously. maybe do 2-3 taupe walls with a nice gold accent wall or 2. brown would be pretty as well, altho personally I don't like the dark colors on walls, but it IS the trend these days. the look of more than one wall color in a single room really livens it up %26amp; adds interest - just be sure to pick 2 colors that compliment each other %26amp; your furniture. (also, don't forget to consider your accessories too, when choosing color!)

hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment